Orientated to research in international relations and regional issues, the School of Advanced International and Area Studies (SAIAS) of East China Normal University is an advanced research institute dedicated to training and educating Master’s and PhD candidates (including international students) in the field of international studies.
The SAIAS focuses its research on Eastern Europe, Russia, Central Asia, the European Union, as well as such related areas as great power relations, trans-Atlantic relations, cross-Taiwan Strait relations, social transition, international relations theory, and multinational corporation studies.
The SAIAS-affiliated institutions include: the Center for Russian Studies (a national key research base for humanities and social sciences under the Ministry of Education of PRC); the Think-Tank Center of Shanghai-based Universities (with a focus on China’s neighboring areas); the Institute of Cross-Taiwan Strait Relations; the Center for European Studies; the Center for Belarusian Studies; and the Center for Multinational Corporation Studies. In addition, the SAIAS hosts an editorial board for the Journal of Russian Studies and the Overseas Workshop of the High School of Economics of Russia.
Presently, the SAIAS has 30 faculty members, including 8 full professors, 7 associate professors, and 10 assistant professors. Six faculty members have teaching experiences in overseas universities. Twenty-three faculty members hold PhD degrees in various areas of social sciences. Eleven faculty members earned their PhDs from overseas universities. The SAIAS faculty is assisted by an able staff of five office administrators.
Aiming to bring its research and teaching to an ever-higher level, and with openness and internationalization as its guideline, the SAIAS is committed to undertaking research and training projects, offering consultation services, bringing in excellent talents and facilitating international cooperation and exchange. Currently, it hosts a PhD and a Master’s program in international relations, as well as a Master’s program in Contemporary China Studies (for international students only).
The SAIAS is headed by the Dean, Prof. Liu Jun. Other members of the executive committee include Prof. Bei Wenli (party secretary), Lu Jing (deputy party secretary), Zhang Xin (assistant to the Dean), and Chen Jing (chief of staff).
Events & NEWSMore...
- CHINA AND RUSSIA: FACING CHALLENGES OF GLOBAL SHIFTS [2017-04-10]
- 讲座通知：Украинский кризис российской политики: не обходима ли ревизия стратекий и технологний (Сергей Бирюков) [2017-03-22]
- Xin Zhang:Chinese Capitalism and the Maritime Silk Road: A World-Systems Perspective [2017-03-18]
- IPP Review:Cambodia between China and Vietnam: A Balancing Act [2017-03-18]
- To Coup or Not to Coup? -- Implications for the Brave Trump World (Yu Bin) [2017-03-06]
- 2017.3.3讲座通知2 [2017-03-02]
- Jean-Marc F. Blanchard:Rational Thinking About China's Semiconductor Push [2017-02-20]
- Opinion: Flynn resignation, A wake-up call for Russia [2017-02-20]
- International Graduate Program in Contemporary China Studies [2017-01-24]
- Contemporary China Studies(MA)PROGRAM [2016-03-05]
- Prof. PAN Xingming-History ofChina's Foreign Relations-Syllabus [2015-11-05]
- Dr.LI Xiaoting 2015- Sino-US Relations Syllabus [2015-11-05]
- Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship [2015-10-12]
- Chinese Government Scholarship [2015-10-12]
- Contemporary China Studies Program-SAIAS, ECNU [2015-09-21]
- First Annual International Workshop, Dec.2014 [2015-09-07]
- Sample Course for MA program in Contemporary China Studies [2015-06-12]
- 我院师生应邀赴挪威参加“2016北极会议” [2016-06-12]
- 我院留学生做客东方卫视《环球交叉点》 [2016-06-12]
- The Annual Sino-Russian Summer School on International Affairs Begins Accepting Applications [2016-03-04]
- international students in SAIAS (1) [2015-10-09]
Addr: A406 Science Building, No. 3663,Zhongshan Road (N.) Shanghai, 200062
Contact: Chen Jing