Orientated to research in international relations and regional issues, the School of Advanced International and Area Studies (SAIAS) of East China Normal University is an advanced research institute dedicated to training and educating M.A.and Ph.D. candidates in the field of international studies.
SAIAS focuses its studies on Russia and the former Soviet Union and Eastern European socialist countries, European Union and Japan as well as such related areas as great power relations, social transition, international relations theories, international history and intellectual history.
Institutions affiliated to SAIAS include: the Centers for Russian Studies (a national key research base for humanities and social sciences under the Ministry of Education of PRC), European Studies (key European studies institution in collaboration with the European Union), East Asian Studies (in cooperation with NEC),Crisis Management, the Institute of Geopolitics and Economics of Energy (in cooperation with relevant institutions both at home and abroad), as well as the Center for International Relations Theory and Intellectual History Studies (in collaboration with Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva). Besides, SAIAS also has a General Office, an Internet Resource Division, and an editorial board for Russian Studies Journal and Asia-European Studies Bulletin respectively.
Aiming to bring its research and teaching to an even higher level, and with openness and internationalization as its guideline, SAIAS is committed to undertaking research and training projects, offering consultation services, bringing in excellent talents and facilitating international cooperation and exchange.
SAIAS is headed by the Dean, Prof. Feng Shaolei, member of social sciences commission of the Ministry of Education, and deputy secretary general of Chinese Society of Europe.
Events & NEWSMore...
- Daxia Forum Lecture: Russia’Economic Policy after 1991 [2016-06-22]
- 讲座通知：The Soviet Union As Developmental State [2016-06-21]
- Dr. Eyal Propper visited our school [2016-06-01]
- U.S. Policy in Near East and South Asia (Jeffrey Payne) [2016-05-22]
- Wan Qingsong: SINO-RUSSIAN STRATEGIC COOPERATION: RESPONSIBILITIES ON KEY ISSUES AT A CRITICAL MOMENT [2016-05-17]
- Mr. Dimitar Ivanov Abadjiev visited our school [2016-05-09]
- State-Busniess Relations in Russia and China: A Comparative Analysis (Michael Rochlitz) [2016-05-06]
- Wan Qingsong：The Highest Good Is Like Water — How to Make the Silk Road Economic Belt an Area of Co-Development [2016-04-21]
- Contemporary China Studies(MA)PROGRAM [2016-03-05]
- GENERAL-Special Topics [2015-11-05]
- Prof. PAN Xingming-History ofChina's Foreign Relations-Syllabus [2015-11-05]
- ZANG Shumei -course description [2015-11-05]
- XIAO Huizhong Syllabus [2015-11-05]
- XIAO Huizhong-Special Topics [2015-11-05]
- SUN Suyuan-Special Topics Syllabus [2015-11-05]
- Dr.LI Xiaoting 2015- Sino-US Relations Syllabus [2015-11-05]
- Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship [2015-10-12]
- Chinese Government Scholarship [2015-10-12]
- Contemporary China Studies Program-SAIAS, ECNU [2015-09-21]
- First Annual International Workshop, Dec.2014 [2015-09-07]
- Sample Course for MA program in Contemporary China Studies [2015-06-12]
- 我院师生应邀赴挪威参加“2016北极会议” [2016-06-12]
- 我院留学生做客东方卫视《环球交叉点》 [2016-06-12]
- The Annual Sino-Russian Summer School on International Affairs Begins Accepting Applications [2016-03-04]
- international students in SAIAS (1) [2015-10-09]
Addr: A406 Science Building, No. 3663,Zhongshan Road (N.) Shanghai, 200062
Contact: Chen Jing